About Me

My photo
I'm the author of four books: Warrior SOS, The Work of Death, Together Forever, and Leaders Wanted. I'm in the doc film Please Remove Your Shoes. I've blogged for The Washington Times, and I write for Guns.com. I've worked for the high-profile U.S.-led Roadmap to Mideast Peace in Israel and Palestine. I've also worked as a SWAT team leader, a Federal Air Marshal and a sole-source training instructor on a classified contract with a U.S. government customer. My master's degree is in Military Studies and terrorism. I'm a former noncommissioned and commissioned Army officer, with service in Iraq. I've been Scuba diving and skydiving; I have trained with members of the U.S. Olympic Ski Team, and I'm an FBI-trained crisis negotiator. My interests lie in helping others and in strengthening America through inspiring moral courage, government fiscal responsibility and accountability, and maintaining principles that have made--and will continue to make--the United States of America a blessed and prosperous country. I'm a father of six, a husband, and a police officer. I reside in Utah, and I'm a Mormon. See also https://jeffreydenning.wordpress.com.

March 15, 2014

Don't hesitate -- using deadly force



This video was taken from PoliceOne.com. This man stole a car which had a baby inside.  It turns from grand theft auto, kidnapping, to hostage taking.  The suspect was eventually was killed by police, justifiably I might add -- at least from all the footage I saw before the shooting occurred. Sadly, he could have killed the baby-hostage. It's difficult to Monday morning quarterback because I don't have all of the facts, but this video shows enough facts that it would have been totally warranted, and tactically necessary, to end the man's life far before he grabbed the baby out of the car seat. Just one move could have ended the baby's life.

Sometimes, in tactical scenarios, officers don't know how to act because they haven't trained for it tactically, or they haven't yet visited that moment in their minds. Thankfully, I've had a lot of SWAT and tactical training. I thought where I'd shoot him, and how. I carefully analyzed the background, too. A buddy and I watched this together -- he also has SWAT experience. Both of us were chomping on the bit: shoot him already!

Thankfully, the baby didn't get killed. And, thankfully, the baby won't remember this incident and suffer from PTSd for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment