About Me

My photo
I'm the author of four books: Warrior SOS, The Work of Death, Together Forever, and Leaders Wanted. I'm in the doc film Please Remove Your Shoes. I've blogged for The Washington Times, and I write for Guns.com. I've worked for the high-profile U.S.-led Roadmap to Mideast Peace in Israel and Palestine. I've also worked as a SWAT team leader, a Federal Air Marshal and a sole-source training instructor on a classified contract with a U.S. government customer. My master's degree is in Military Studies and terrorism. I'm a former noncommissioned and commissioned Army officer, with service in Iraq. I've been Scuba diving and skydiving; I have trained with members of the U.S. Olympic Ski Team, and I'm an FBI-trained crisis negotiator. My interests lie in helping others and in strengthening America through inspiring moral courage, government fiscal responsibility and accountability, and maintaining principles that have made--and will continue to make--the United States of America a blessed and prosperous country. I'm a father of six, a husband, and a police officer. I reside in Utah, and I'm a Mormon. See also https://jeffreydenning.wordpress.com.

May 13, 2013

NRA Life of Duty - Forward March: Two Brothers Journey of Hope and Restoration

Tom and Scot Spooner have devoted their lives to helping other warriors. I'm grateful that Tom first opened up about his PTSD and TBI here on Warrior SOS. http://www.warriorsos.blogspot.com/2011/11/interview-with-tom-spooner-invictus.html

Tom's interview and many more can be read in the forthcoming book titled, Warrior SOS, due out real soon.

Speaking with both Tom and Scot has been incredibly helpful to me. Their examples and courage of speaking up about their own experiences with PTSD have helped countless others.

 This NRA Life of Duty video made about their post deployment, post military lives is exceptional and well worth watching. This embedded YouTube link is a one minute advertisement of the film. The link here shows the full feature documentary: http://soldiersystems.net/2012/11/02/nra-life-of-duty-patriot-profiles-the-spooner-brothers

or

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles/video/753

Again, to watch the full length video, click on one of the links above. (Note: The Soldier Systems link shows a brief background about the Spooner brothers.)

 

To read amazing interviews with warriors, check out Warrior SOS: Interviews, Insights and Inspiration, the book on Amazon.com. Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D3WO7VK

No comments:

Post a Comment