About Me

My photo
I'm the author of four books: Warrior SOS, The Work of Death, Together Forever, and Leaders Wanted. I'm in the doc film Please Remove Your Shoes. I've blogged for The Washington Times, and I write for Guns.com. I've worked for the high-profile U.S.-led Roadmap to Mideast Peace in Israel and Palestine. I've also worked as a SWAT team leader, a Federal Air Marshal and a sole-source training instructor on a classified contract with a U.S. government customer. My master's degree is in Military Studies and terrorism. I'm a former noncommissioned and commissioned Army officer, with service in Iraq. I've been Scuba diving and skydiving; I have trained with members of the U.S. Olympic Ski Team, and I'm an FBI-trained crisis negotiator. My interests lie in helping others and in strengthening America through inspiring moral courage, government fiscal responsibility and accountability, and maintaining principles that have made--and will continue to make--the United States of America a blessed and prosperous country. I'm a father of six, a husband, and a police officer. I reside in Utah, and I'm a Mormon. See also https://jeffreydenning.wordpress.com.

January 24, 2013

Rescue US Marine (Military Intelligence) held in Iran

I couldn't sleep last night, knowing there was a U.S. Marine held captive with the sentence of death looming about him.


Wall Street Journal: Ex-Marine Reaches 500 Days of Imprisonment in Iran


Of course, there's no such thing as an "Ex"-Marine; they're just Marines.

Here's the letter I sent to my U.S. Representative and Senators:


Amir Hekmati is being held prisoner and under the death penalty in Iran. He is a former linguist from the US Marine Corps. He was born in the US. He is a veteran of the Iraqi war. 

I personally know one of his former Marine Corps friends very well. I've vetted them both. 

I am a veteran of Iraq and have a Top Secret government clearance. I cannot imagine how horrible it is to be in his shoes. I pray he is still alive. 

Please act immediately to see that he is safe. 

Urgently and Respectfully, 

Jeffrey Denning

For more information, check out these links:




Amir Hekmati, a former marine and decorated war veteran, was born in Arizona and raised in Michigan. Within weeks of setting foot in Iran for the first time in August 2011 to visit his grandmother, he was arrested, interrogated and imprisoned.  Months later he appeared on Iranian TV, forced to confess he was a CIA operative. The U.S. State Department denies he was spying for the U.S. government and calls the case a gross miscarriage of justice. While Amir languishes in prison, his health deteriorating, and his father dying of cancer, his family pleads with the Iranian government to let him go free.
Source: CNN


To read amazing interviews with warriors, check out Warrior SOS: Interviews, Insights and Inspiration, the book on Amazon.com. Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D3WO7VK

No comments:

Post a Comment