Warrior SOS Tactical Patrol Rifle (TPR) Course Description
Length: One day (8 hours), June 18th (8am – 5pm)
Location: Rockford PD firing range
This carbine/long gun rifle training course emphasizes tactical fundamentals for law enforcement professionals to win lethal confrontations. The Tactical Patrol Rifle course gives students practical knowledge and tactical application with a variety of drills officers need for tactical considerations and rapid deployment situations faced under stress. Students should come with rifles already zeroed, if possible. This course is beneficial for patrol officers and SWAT operators alike.
Law Enforcement only with prior basic training, knowledge and use of AR-15/M-16/M-4.
• Firearms safe operation and control
• Winning mindset
• Marksmanship fundamentals
• Multiple positions/target engagement
• Weapon transitions
• 360-degree movement
• Defensive Shooting fundamentals
• Reloading and malfunction drills
• Officer rescue drills
Ammunition: 400 RIFLE rounds, 50 handgun rounds – (jacketed, no reloaded ammo)
Rifle/Carbine w/ 3-4 magazines
Handgun, holster 2-3 magazines
LBE, vest or belt with mag pouches
Baseball style hat, Wrap around eye protection, Ear protection
Water bottle/hydration kit
Rain gear/cool weather gear
Knee pads, elbow pads and body armor optional
Cost: $150 department/agency; $100 individual officer pricing – cash, check or money order
About the Instructor:
Jeffrey Denning is a former SWAT team leader, Iraqi war vet, Diplomatic Security specialist in Israel/Palestine, Federal Air Marshal, and subject matter expert for a classified contract with a US government customer. He has won multiple Top Gun shooting awards and is a full-time NRA law enforcement instructor at a nuclear power plant and is a member of IALEFI. He has taught multiple advanced tactical courses to civilians, SWAT operators, and military and law enforcement personnel, including expertise in suicide bomber recognition and tactical interdiction. He is the founder of Warrior SOS. Proceeds from this course will be donated to warriors in need.
To sign up, email: info [at] warrior-SOS.org (written out to avoid spam).
- Jeffrey Denning (WarriorSOS.com)
- I'm the author of four books: Warrior SOS, The Work of Death, Together Forever, and Leaders Wanted. I'm in the doc film Please Remove Your Shoes. I've blogged for The Washington Times, and I write for Guns.com. I've worked for the high-profile U.S.-led Roadmap to Mideast Peace in Israel and Palestine. I've also worked as a SWAT team leader, a Federal Air Marshal and a sole-source training instructor on a classified contract with a U.S. government customer. My master's degree is in Military Studies and terrorism. I'm a former noncommissioned and commissioned Army officer, with service in Iraq. I've been Scuba diving and skydiving; I have trained with members of the U.S. Olympic Ski Team, and I'm an FBI-trained crisis negotiator. My interests lie in helping others and in strengthening America through inspiring moral courage, government fiscal responsibility and accountability, and maintaining principles that have made--and will continue to make--the United States of America a blessed and prosperous country. I'm a father of six, a husband, and a police officer. I reside in Utah, and I'm a Mormon. See also www.WarriorSOS.com.